Plan Your Visit
The Edgar Cayce Foundation Archives is located on the ground floor of the Don and Nancy de Laski Education Center on the Association for Research and Enlightenment campus. The A.R.E. is located at 215 67th Street, Virginia Beach, Virginia, 23451.
The Archives is open for research Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m., with the exception of campus holidays.
8:30 a.m. Reading Room opens to the public.
4:00 p.m. Duplication requests end for the day.
4:15 p.m. Staff collects research materials from researchers.
4:30 p.m. Archives closes.
To help you make the most of your time, please call 757-457-7204 or email the archivist at firstname.lastname@example.org before your visit to place materials on hold.
- In the Reading Room you will find research tables and pencils for note - taking. An archivist will always be available to assist you.
- The Archives is open to all researchers, but you will be required to sign the E.C.F. researcher registration log, the Research Agreement, and the Reference Policy if applicable.
- Personal items such as bags, coats, and backpacks must be placed by the Archives entrance while you research. You may keep your notebook, laptop, and cell phone with you at the research table.
- The Archives is a no ink zone but we keep plenty of pencils available in the Reading Room.
- We do not allow the use of personal scanners but you may be able to photograph materials or obtain copies from us. Please consult with an archivist before taking photographs and we will be happy to work with you.
- Food and/or drink is not permitted in the Reading Room. There are several dining options available on or near campus, including Graze Kitchen located in the Cayce Hospital building.
Parking is available in the main lot across from the A.R.E. Visitor Center. The Archives is located directly above the lot at the top of the hill, to the right of the Cayce Hospital building.
Please refer to the Preferred Citation Note found in each Collection Guide when referring to archival material in published works. For confidentiality and copyright guidelines, including those for the use of quotations from the Edgar Cayce Readings, see Reference Policy below.
E.C.F. Reference Policy
E.C.F. Researcher Agreement